Do not donate to me!

Some people ask me if they can donate for my software. My answer invariably is they can’t, because I don’t want money. Instead I would like them to make a small donation to a good cause!

Why? Well, I’m a very lucky guy, living in the richest region of one of the richest countries of the world and having a full-time job that allows me and my family to live a comfortable life. Software is “just a hobby” which I hope is a small contribution to make the web (and by extension the world) a slightly better place.

So given that context and given the fact that there are many ways in which the world could be made a better place, I would like to ask you to donate any amount of money you think my little projects are worth to a good cause. Just pick one, click and donate!

And there are many, many more great causes both locally and internationally that can use our help!

51 thoughts on “Do not donate to me!

1. Fausto

That’s quite noble of you my friend.
    Been using your Autoptimize for a while and it’s been a breeze.

I have to say that your hobby is producing some nice results and saving people a ton of time.

Keep being awesome.

Thank you!

2. Steven

I just downloaded your plugin, but what I like more is the person you are! I wish more people would think about life the way you do instead of focusing on greed!

Thank You!

3. Ben

It’s people like you that give me faith in mankind. Your time and effort into this wonderful WordPress plugin is wonderful and so helpful to so many but to think of others that need help is so much greater.
    Thank you again and Happy New Year!

4. Andreas

Wow, you are a really really awesome person.

I ran your Autoptimize plugin, it minified my home page, without breaking ANYTHING. Everything just works! It just works! Wow, no other plug-in has minified my blog without breaking it. I have tried like 50 different ones, nothing worked, except Autoptify.

Then when I see a donation button X’d over, I’m like, wtf? Is he trolling me? Clever of him, saying I can’t pay… Well, I was wrong, you simply don’t want anything for it. I am forever in debt to you! You rock Frank!

I’m going to do as you say and put my money into good use for some charity or something.

Thank you!!

5. Mike

I just wanted to tell you that your plug in is a experience changing tool! Website is loaded much quicker with the help of your magic experience!

Thanks a bunch mate! Keep up the good work! You made a difference in online word! Like Andreas said in the previous comment

Frank You Rock!!

6. Ankur Jain

Thanks for this excellent plugin. It is working great with CSS, HTML minification.

I came here looking for a paid support option and saw this post. Looks like, I will ask my technical query on your forum based support.

7. Nidhal

Realy Like your plugin man !! RESPECT !! With Autoptimise now i make few http request and my website advance from D to B ( YSLOW TEST ) .
    If you need me in Arabic Traduction i’m here :D

8. Binh

Hi Frank,

I come from that “special” link (the red cycle)…

It’s a surprise. I just want to say that you done more than a very good plugin. You got something that many people need to learn: the good will.

Many thanks and I hope more people have same thinking as you are.

Faithfully,
    Binh

9. Noam

Firstly, love your TwentyTwelve speed optimised child theme.

Was planing to give you a shout earlier and got busy but when I saw this page I had to say THANK YOU. Wish this world had more folk like yourself.

10. Bunneah

As a lifelong comunity servant and AmeriCorps alum; I can say this is one of the best things I’ ve seen on the interent in a logn time. Cheers for promoting community servanthood. The world needs more humble people like you. If you ever travel to the West Coast of the USA, pints on me. Although I’m not sure ho I’d impress someone from Belgium with beer : )

O N E L ♥ V E
    B U N N E A H

11. Ivan

Wow – there’s a whole lot of plugins out there for minification, but this one is the first who does what it promises, gives no troubles, has a super simple interface, and ups my sites 10 levels in Pagepseed Insights.

Bedankt!

12. Ben

I was kinda surprised to see that “don’t donate” button and after clicking on it i’m even more surprised. Glad to see a fellow citizen so generous.
    Thanks for your plugin by the way. It helps a lot!

13. Ryko

That’s very kind of you. I do really thank you for the plugin.
    After more than 2 years using autoptimize, I just found that “Do not donate to this plugin!” icon.
    Couldn’t thank you more.

14. Mo

How humble of you.
    Our clients have benefitted immensely from your work. We have donated to charity (down here in Beautiful Melbourne, Australia) on your behalf.
    Thank you!

15. Divya

At first I thought it is negative marketing, When I followed the link I was surprised. You are givingout a premium quality plugin and your effort for nothing, great.

Goodwill is the one and only asset that competition cannot undersell or destroy.

and you are earning it truckload

16. Balaji

Hey man, You are really really great. Actually i am seeing the “Do not Donate” button for first time, you are very different. that’s why people here come and see this page, the idea for donating some Cause is nice initiative. you are awesome developer, you plugin works so great

also i saw a owl photo saying “Ad free blog”. everything in your blog is so nice.

17. lelongbank

#respect,

after spending a lot of time to optimize and receive tips from around internet..akhirnya plugin i get what I need
    and the double shock of the contribution that can be given to you is not for you but for other people..wow

#respect …. #respect

18. Ramesh

You’re a nice guy.. It’s rare to come across persons like you these days, contented with what they have and also contribute to the society. Thanks.

And, your Plugin is awesome.

19. Rodrigo K Oliveira

Dear Frank, it is very nice to see a good example like yours. I’ve worked in a war zone, and I’ve seen the marvelous such donations can do to humanity: persons like you and me. Allow me to share my experience publicly: from all NGOs working out there, definetly the Doctors without borders, or Medecins sans frontierers where those who made the most difference, in my experience in Africa. I’ll take a closer look in those that you suggest, also.
    If you ever come to Brazil, I would be very happy to show our country and help you in any matter here.

Greetings,
    Rodrigo/former U.N. staff.

20. Mounes

The most respectable countries in this world are Scandinavians.
    I’m finding every single day more and more proofs and I’m failing in love with those countries more and more.

Your plug in the only one gaves me A 95% instead of 86% on GTmetrix. Well done!

Thank you!

1. frank Post author

Not Scandinavian just yet, but I’ve been on holiday to Norway last year, so I’ll gracefully accept the compliment ;-)

2. Ramesh

AO is awesome. AO + Cache Enabler (with mod_rewrite) + BJ Lazy load works wonders. This combination results in 700ms page load which was previously around 1.5s.