Anyway, she’s still going strong with high-quality songwriting about the not-so-pleasant aspects of life. This is her in the KEXP studios in July 2017, enjoy!
If you have children you should read this article, really!
A very small excerpt;
Even when a seismic event—a war, a technological leap, a free concert in the mud—plays an outsize role in shaping a group of young people, no single factor ever defines a generation. Parenting styles continue to change, as do school curricula and culture, and these things matter. But the twin rise of the smartphone and social media has caused an earthquake of a magnitude we’ve not seen in a very long time, if ever. There is compelling evidence that the devices we’ve placed in young people’s hands are having profound effects on their lives—and making them seriously unhappy.
So If you have children you should really read this article!
Here’s what I did;
- make a screenshot of the node in Firefox Developer Tools -> Inspector -> select node -> click “screenshot node” in context menu
- convert the png-file into svg at http://pngtosvg.com/ result being a 6.93KB file.
- optimize the svg at http://petercollingridge.appspot.com/svg-optimiser resulting in a 3.1KB file (see above image) which remains crispy at whatever size.
- added the SVG as background image (not inline though, might do that next) and set “visibility” of the logo->a->h3 (which has the title in it as text) to “hidden”
- ticked Autoptimize’s “remove Google Fonts”-option (which also removed a slew of other unwanted requests for fonts)
(*) The site is my wife’s boeken-jagers.be which is an offspring of her successful “De Boekenjagers” Facebook group where people hide books for others to find (hunt) and share info about that. 27 000 members and counting, proud of my Veerleken!
As heard on an older Gilles Peterson WorldWide-show I listened to on the train this morning.
About Cossi Anatz:
Comment ça va ? Cossi Annatz in french occitan means “How are you doing ?” I’m doing well when I listen to this beautiful free/spiritual jazz album recorded and produced by Michel Marre in the South of France and released on Vendémiaire (Jef Gilson’s label) with a similar style to Francois Tusques Intercommunal. Jazz Afro-occitan is written on the cover and it’s clearly the case when you put the needle on wax you instantly feel the North African, Arabic & Mediterranean influences, that are quite obvious here, especially in the brass & percussions. Some brilliant tracks like the beautiful deep jazz Al Coltrane or the monster spiritual oriental jazz Aden Arabie with great Fender solo.
So our summer holiday in Scotland did not resemble below video (Mark Ronson feat. Kevin Parker of Tame Impala), but it was magnificent nonetheless :-)
An epic 15 minutes of jazz from Kamasi Washington’s soul; “Truth”. I’ve been listening to this on repeat since I heard it yesterday evening on Lefto’s radioshow. So beautiful & moving, so rooted in the past and yet so fresh and timeless!