So work on Autoptimize 2.2 is almost finished and I need your help testing this version before releasing (targeting May, but that depends on you!). The more people I have testing, the faster I might be able to push this thing out and there’s a lot to look forward to;
- New option: enable/ disable AO for logged in users for all you pagebuilders out there
- New minification/ caching system, significantly speeding up your site for non-cached pages (previously part of a power-up)
- Switched to rel=preload + Filamentgroup’s loadCSS for CSS deferring
- Additional support for HTTP/2 setups (no GUI, you might need to have a look at the API to see/ use all possibilities)
- Important improvements to the logic of which JS/ CSS can be optimized (getPath function) increasing reliability of the aggregation process
- Updated to a newer version of the CSS Minification component (albeit not the 3.x one, which seems a tad too fresh and which would require me to drop support for PHP 5.2 which will come but just not yet)
- API: Lots of extra filters, making AO (even) more flexible.
- Lots of bugfixes and smaller improvements (see GitHub commit log)
So if you want to help:
- Download the zip-file from Github
- Overwrite the contents of
wp-content/plugins/autoptimizewith the contents of
autoptimize-masterfrom the zip
- Test and if any bug (regression) create an issue in GitHub (if it doesn’t exist already).
Very much looking forward to your feedback!