It’s all nice and well to hammer out some code to create a lite YouTube embedded player, but as long as that embed-code can’t simply be copy/pasted from the YouTube-page, it’s all pretty theoretical, no?
Well here you are, a simple bookmarklet that will display the LYTE-code when you’re on a random YouTube video page:
Want this? Then just do this:
- drag this LYTE bookmarklet to your bookmarks toolbar
- go to a random youtube-video page
- click on the bookmark(let)
- copy/paste the LYTE code on top of the page into your html
- enjoy Lite YouTube Embeds (i.e. 17KB instead of 150KB with a normal embed) on your site!