So for those using AO who are seeing occasional 404’s on AO’d resources and (somewhat) into code; here’s a GitHub commit that might interest you;
(More later, gotta run now)
Although I very much doubt this will ever be able to put a major dent in Facebook’s quasi-monopoly, I cannot but be supportive of Jimmy Wales/ Wikimedia’s new social network. If you want to join and appear in my friends-list there go to https://wt.social/u/frank-goossens.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas ladies & gentlemen and I’m planning on putting Autoptimize 2.6 nicely wrapped up under your Christmas tree.
The new version comes with the following changes;
- New: Autoptimize can be configured at network level or at individual site-level when on multisite.
- Extra: new option to specify what resources need to be preloaded.
- Extra: add `display=swap` to Autoptimized (CSS-based) Google Fonts.
- Images: support for lazyloading of background-images when set in the inline style attribute of a div.
- Images: updated to lazysizes 5.1.2 (5.2 is in beta now, might be integrated in AO26 if released in time).
- CSS/ JS: no longer add type attributes to Autoptimized resources.
- Improvement: cache clearing now also integrates with Kinsta, WP-Optimize & Nginx helper.
- Added “Critical CSS” tab to highlight the criticalcss.com integration, which will be fully included in Autoptimize 2.7.
- Large batch of misc. smaller improvements & fixes, more info in the [GitHub commit log](https://github.com/futtta/autoptimize/commits/beta).
So in order to make this the smoothest release possible I would like the beta to be downloaded and tested by as many people as possible, including you!
Any issue/ question/ bug can be reported here as a reply or if a bug and if you’re more technically inclined over at Github as an issue. Looking forward to your feedback!