- New: Autoptimize can be configured at network level or at individual site-level when on multisite.
- Extra: new option to specify what resources need to be preloaded.
- Extra: add display=swap to Autoptimized (CSS-based) Google Fonts.
- Images: support for lazyloading of background-images when set in the inline style attribute of a div.
- Images: updated to lazysizes 5.2.
- CSS/ JS: no longer add type attributes to Autoptimized resources.
- Improvement: cache clearing now also integrates with Kinsta, WP-Optimize & Nginx helper.
- Added “Critical CSS” tab to highlight the criticalcss.com integration, which will be fully included in Autoptimize 2.7.
- Batch of misc. smaller improvements & fixes, more info in the GitHub commit log.
The release has been tested extensively (automated unit testing, manual testing on several of my own sites and testing by users of the beta-version on Github), but as with all software it is very unlikely to be bug-free. Feel free to post any issue with the update here or to create a separate topic in this forum.
Happy holidays to all!