Long time no Radiohead here, so let’s fix that shall we? Here’s Thom Yorke solo in Zermatt (Switzerland) playing songs from Radiohead, his solo-records and his new band (The Smile). If anything this is a testament to the great songwriter the man is! Also remarkable; he seems so much more at ease on stage now, maybe having accepted the spotlights which sometimes seemed too much for him to cope with. But then again the period of the great hype has passed and the spotlights now are likely very different from the ones he had to cope with in the nineties? Anyway, what a concert, no? I hope Yorke will perform solo in these parts one of these years!
Month: July 2022
Go see Everything, Everywhere, All at once!
There are not enough movies that really floor me. Everything, Everywhere, All at Once did. Go see it!
Autoptimize 3.1 released
Autoptimize 3.1 was just released with some new features and some fixes/ improvements:
- new: HTML sub-option: “minify inline CSS/ JS” (off by default).
- new: Misc option: permanently allow the “do not run compatibility logic” flag to be removed (which was set for users upgrading from AO 2.9.* to AO 3.0.* as the assumption was things were working anyway).
- security: improvements to the critical CSS settings page to fix authenticated cross site scripting issues as reported by WPScan Security.
- bugfix: “defer inline JS” of very large chunks of inline JS could cause server errors (PCRE crash actually) so not deferring if string is more then 200000 characters (filter available).
- some other minor changes/ improvements/ hooks, see the GitHub commit log
I got some questions about why and how of the “Disable extra compatibility logic?” option, here’s some more info copy/pasted from my answer on the WordPress support forum:
well, back in the 3.0 days the assumption was that for existing and thus confirmed working installations the compatibility logic brought no advantages and *could* cause regressions, hence compatibility was disabled for those (there are no complex/ heavy queries in the compatibility code).
this new option gives users of “older installations” the option to enable compatibility anyway, but as it is only useful in case of problems, I would advice to keep it off unless something is broken and only then to enable it to see if is automatically fixes the issue 🙂
Happy optimizing! 🙂
As heard on Our Tube: Domi, JD Beck & Anderson .Paak
But I can’t seem to find who’s playing that bass, is it all keyboard, even in the beginning where you here the snares of an upright?