Gilles Peterson’s Brownswood Recordings released a compilation album “We Out Here” with a lot of talented young musicians from London’s vibrant Jazz scene and below documentary with the same name adds context to that.
Times change and that jazz thing has caught on pretty big the last couple of years for me. And now there’s Japanese Jazz-maestro Toshio Matsuura covering Carl Craig’s “At Les”. How great is that, right!?
Can’t say I know tUnE yArDs’ music that well, but the new material seems somewhat more electronic, dance-y. But man do they do a great job live!
As heard on worldwide.fm; Mopo – Tökkö. The sound is vaguely reminiscent of Morphine due to the instrumentation no doubt, but this Finnish trio is more into jazz (their bio states; “The band draws their inspiration from jazz, punk and the Finnish nature”), but they rock big time nonetheless!
Anyway, she’s still going strong with high-quality songwriting about the not-so-pleasant aspects of life. This is her in the KEXP studios in July 2017, enjoy!
If you have children you should read this article, really!
A very small excerpt;
Even when a seismic event—a war, a technological leap, a free concert in the mud—plays an outsize role in shaping a group of young people, no single factor ever defines a generation. Parenting styles continue to change, as do school curricula and culture, and these things matter. But the twin rise of the smartphone and social media has caused an earthquake of a magnitude we’ve not seen in a very long time, if ever. There is compelling evidence that the devices we’ve placed in young people’s hands are having profound effects on their lives—and making them seriously unhappy.
So If you have children you should really read this article!
Here’s what I did;
- make a screenshot of the node in Firefox Developer Tools -> Inspector -> select node -> click “screenshot node” in context menu
- convert the png-file into svg at http://pngtosvg.com/ result being a 6.93KB file.
- optimize the svg at http://petercollingridge.appspot.com/svg-optimiser resulting in a 3.1KB file (see above image) which remains crispy at whatever size.
- added the SVG as background image (not inline though, might do that next) and set “visibility” of the logo->a->h3 (which has the title in it as text) to “hidden”
- ticked Autoptimize’s “remove Google Fonts”-option (which also removed a slew of other unwanted requests for fonts)
(*) The site is my wife’s boeken-jagers.be which is an offspring of her successful “De Boekenjagers” Facebook group where people hide books for others to find (hunt) and share info about that. 27 000 members and counting, proud of my Veerleken!