Gilles Peterson’s Brownswood Recordings released a compilation album “We Out Here” with a lot of talented young musicians from London’s vibrant Jazz scene and below documentary with the same name adds context to that.
Times change and that jazz thing has caught on pretty big the last couple of years for me. And now there’s Japanese Jazz-maestro Toshio Matsuura covering Carl Craig’s “At Les”. How great is that, right!?
Can’t say I know tUnE yArDs’ music that well, but the new material seems somewhat more electronic, dance-y. But man do they do a great job live!
As heard on worldwide.fm; Mopo – Tökkö. The sound is vaguely reminiscent of Morphine due to the instrumentation no doubt, but this Finnish trio is more into jazz (their bio states; “The band draws their inspiration from jazz, punk and the Finnish nature”), but they rock big time nonetheless!
Anyway, she’s still going strong with high-quality songwriting about the not-so-pleasant aspects of life. This is her in the KEXP studios in July 2017, enjoy!
Here’s what I did;
- make a screenshot of the node in Firefox Developer Tools -> Inspector -> select node -> click “screenshot node” in context menu
- convert the png-file into svg at http://pngtosvg.com/ result being a 6.93KB file.
- optimize the svg at http://petercollingridge.appspot.com/svg-optimiser resulting in a 3.1KB file (see above image) which remains crispy at whatever size.
- added the SVG as background image (not inline though, might do that next) and set “visibility” of the logo->a->h3 (which has the title in it as text) to “hidden”
- ticked Autoptimize’s “remove Google Fonts”-option (which also removed a slew of other unwanted requests for fonts)
(*) The site is my wife’s boeken-jagers.be which is an offspring of her successful “De Boekenjagers” Facebook group where people hide books for others to find (hunt) and share info about that. 27 000 members and counting, proud of my Veerleken!
As heard on an older Gilles Peterson WorldWide-show I listened to on the train this morning.
About Cossi Anatz:
Comment ça va ? Cossi Annatz in french occitan means “How are you doing ?” I’m doing well when I listen to this beautiful free/spiritual jazz album recorded and produced by Michel Marre in the South of France and released on Vendémiaire (Jef Gilson’s label) with a similar style to Francois Tusques Intercommunal. Jazz Afro-occitan is written on the cover and it’s clearly the case when you put the needle on wax you instantly feel the North African, Arabic & Mediterranean influences, that are quite obvious here, especially in the brass & percussions. Some brilliant tracks like the beautiful deep jazz Al Coltrane or the monster spiritual oriental jazz Aden Arabie with great Fender solo.