So I forgot to post my customary love-declaration for the month of September, which is as I’m sure everyone will agree the most beautiful month in the world. But when looking outside it still feels very much like September and maybe I was just waiting for Chilly Gonzales to release this beautiful Septemberish tune, which he did last week;
Times change and that jazz thing has caught on pretty big the last couple of years for me. And now there’s Japanese Jazz-maestro Toshio Matsuura covering Carl Craig’s “At Les”. How great is that, right!?
Can’t say I know tUnE yArDs’ music that well, but the new material seems somewhat more electronic, dance-y. But man do they do a great job live!
As heard on worldwide.fm; Mopo – Tökkö. The sound is vaguely reminiscent of Morphine due to the instrumentation no doubt, but this Finnish trio is more into jazz (their bio states; “The band draws their inspiration from jazz, punk and the Finnish nature”), but they rock big time nonetheless!
Anyway, she’s still going strong with high-quality songwriting about the not-so-pleasant aspects of life. This is her in the KEXP studios in July 2017, enjoy!
Here’s what I did;
- make a screenshot of the node in Firefox Developer Tools -> Inspector -> select node -> click “screenshot node” in context menu
- convert the png-file into svg at http://pngtosvg.com/ result being a 6.93KB file.
- optimize the svg at http://petercollingridge.appspot.com/svg-optimiser resulting in a 3.1KB file (see above image) which remains crispy at whatever size.
- added the SVG as background image (not inline though, might do that next) and set “visibility” of the logo->a->h3 (which has the title in it as text) to “hidden”
- ticked Autoptimize’s “remove Google Fonts”-option (which also removed a slew of other unwanted requests for fonts)
(*) The site is my wife’s boeken-jagers.be which is an offspring of her successful “De Boekenjagers” Facebook group where people hide books for others to find (hunt) and share info about that. 27 000 members and counting, proud of my Veerleken!