So this was 2015 in numbers:
- I wrote 107 blogposts, 41 ourTubes and only 8 in Dutch
- 211 comments were added
- Getting 98258 pageviews (up from 2014 (90K) but still significantly below 2013 (122K))
- Most popular posts:
- My WordPress plugins:
- wp-youtube-lyte: pushed out 3 minor and 1 major release, getting 40264 downloads pushing the total to 250545 and having +10000 active installs
- wp-donottrack: no releases for this one (except for some small readme.txt changes),
downloaded 2355 times bringing the total to 14364 and +2000 active installs.
- autoptimize: 2 minor and 1 major release, downloaded 265299 times this year, bringing the total to 506930 and +100000 active installs
That was 2015. For 2016 my main goal is to work on Optimizing Matters.
With 2014 finally behind us, we can start dwelling on that past as of yesterday. These are some of my 2014 facts & figures:
About my blog:
- I wrote 78 blogposts, 41 of which were OurTube’s and 16 were in Dutch.
- 341 comments got added (a significant amount of them actually being support-questions for Autoptimize)
- Got 90352 pageviews (significantly less then in 2013, got bitch-slapped by a panda)
My WordPress plugins:
- 2 major and 7 minor releases
- 141324 downloads, bringing the total to 241650
- answered lots of questions and feedback on the support-forum, allowing me to improve both the code and the FAQ.
- 2015 will bring Autoptimize 2.0 (fixing the occasional WSOD & the cache-size problem) and Autoptimize Power-Ups (extensions for professional & power-users)
- WP YouTube Lyte:
- 2 major and 2 minor releases
- 36507 downloads, now totalling 210285
- 2015 will see continued improvements and WP YouTube Lyte Power-Ups (you guessed it, extensions for professional & power-users)
- WP DoNotTrack:
- 2 minor releases
- 4312 downloads, now 12009 total
- 2015 really should see a 1.0 release, which will finally include CSP-enforced protection.
Bye 2014, it was nice knowing ya, but I’m off enjoying 2015 now!
I just released an update to Autoptimize, bumping the version to 1.9.2. Main new features;
- New: support for alternative cache-directory and file-prefix as requested by a.o. Jassi Bacha, Cluster666 and Baris Unver.
- Improvement: hard-exclude all linked-data json objects (script type=application/ld+json)
- Improvement: several filters added to the API, e.g. to alter optimized HTML, CSS or JS
- Some bugfixes
- Swedish translations updated & Ukrainian added, courtesy of Zanatoly of SebWeo.com
I’m already thinking about version 2.0 (which should fix the 2 big issues some people face; exploding cache size due to page-specific inline code & the rare but nasty white screen of death due to CSS minification issues) and about some powerful new features that could extend Autoptimize for professionals and power-users in need of something more. 2015 is going to be great, hope you guys & girls will be part of that!
Anyway, enjoy the end-of-year festivities and above all, have fun & share some of the happiness!