I just released Autoptimize 2.3.0, the Happy New Year release. As described here earlier it has some significant extra optimizations to help you improve your site’s performance even more for 2018:
- new: optimize Google fonts with “combine & link” and “combine and load async” (with webload.js), intelligently preconnecting to Google’s domains to limit performance impact even further
- new: Async JS, can be applied to local or 3rd party JS (if local it will be auto-excluded from autoptimization)
- new: support to tell browsers to preconnect (= dns lookup + tcp/ip connection + ssl negotiation) to 3rd party domains (depends on browser support, works in Chrome & Firefox)
- new: remove WordPress’ Core’s emoji CSS & JS
- new: remove (version parameter from) Querystring
- new: support to clear cache through WP CLI thanks to junaidbhura
- lots of bugfixes and small improvements done by some seriously smart people via GitHub (thanks all!!), including a fix for AO 2.2 which saw the HTML minifier go PacMan on spaces in some circumstances.