With the last release almost 6 months in the past, it’s high time for a new Autoptimize release. And what a release that will be my friends!
Here are the most important features/ improvements (most new options are on a separate tab, “Extra” to keep things organized as seen in the screenshot);
- Google fonts; remove (not new), but also “combine & link” and “combine and load async” (with webload.js), intelligently preconnecting to Google’s domains to limit performance impact even further
- Async JS, can be applied to local or 3rd party JS (if local it will be auto-excluded from autoptimization)
- support to tell browsers to preconnect (= dns lookup + tcp/ip connection + ssl negotiation) to 3rd party domains (depends on browser support, works in Chrome & Firefox)
- remove WordPress’ Core’s emoji CSS & JS
- remove (version parameter from) Querystring
- support to clear cache through WP CLI
- a significant amount of bugfixes done by some seriously smart people via GitHub (thanks all!!), including a fix for the main bug in AO 2.2.x which saw the HTML minifier go PacMan on spaces in some circumstances
If you want to test AO 2.3, you can download the zipfile from GitHub here. I would love your feedback!
Happy end-of-year to all, who knows we can wrap up AO 2.3 nicely, ribbon and all, for New Years? 🙂