I’m sure you have been good this year so Santa cannot but put a nice ribbon around the next version of Autoptimize, out later this month. These are the most important changes:
- Images: add field to list images to be excluded from image optimization
- Critical CSS: major improvements of the job processing mechanism, reducing time spent from up to 1 minute to just a couple of seconds.
- Critical CSS: under “advanced options” replace “request limit” with “queue processing time limit” (default 30s).
- Extra | Google Fonts: better parsing of version 2 Google Font URL’s (/css2/).
- Misc. other minor fixes, see the GitHub commit log
In case you want to give Santa a hand with all that wrapping up, you can always download the Beta version here and take it out for a spin.